Monday, July 26, 2010

ARMSmasters Second Edit Complete!

ARMSmasters Second Edit - Complete from Michael Winn on Vimeo.

And we're soaring right along! Here's the second compilation of the ARMmaster's trailer currently in production. My roles in the above this far have been copious amounts of clean-up animation as well as a wee bit of color. I also got my first glimpse of the Pitch Bible today for the first time, and let me tell you, that thing looks stellar. I literally got chills seeing it, it's so exciting and ridiculously cool. What a pleasure it's been to be a part of this project - I'm looking forward to anywhere and everywhere it may take us.

Here's a word from our fearless leader, mister Mike Winn, on the above video and the current state of the Project as a whole:

And here we have the ARMSmasters second edit!

This edit features heavy duty After Effects post-production work by Niles Bontrager - and it is awesome.

I would say more here but I'm actually utterly exhausted and declaring that to the world. Those with access to the production blog will get a full play by play of events because I'm just detailed like that :)

More seriously, I'm incredibly proud of the work that our production partners and fellow artists have produced for the development of this property. From the second clean up passes to the treatment in After Effects and even the brainstorming and creative sessions of developing the world into something that has a true life of its own, I am truly, sincerely blessed by this effort and the contributions of everyone's talents and support.

The Pitch Bible is done as well and we're moving ahead. The /Third/ edit of this trailer will involve the addition of the light and shadows and finished clean up and at the same time we'll be moving ahead towards finishing the longer trailer and getting the missing animation in and having a more complete 'Demo'. Still a lot of work to do but I'm thrilled to have hit this milestone - on time!

-Mel

2 comments:

Jakface said...

that is looking EXTREMELY cool. I got chills looking at it too! <3 Always love seeing people who just learned animation making awesome stuff! :D

Mel B! said...

lol! Well I don't know about "Just" - a couple of folks on the team have been at it for 6-10 years already. Thanks though! Very glad you enjoy it.