Monday, June 14, 2010

CCS: The Last Hoorah! Graduation & SEO

So, as most may know, I graduated from the College for Creative Studies a month ago. It was an invigorating, long labored-for and much needed closing to one chapter of my life an the opening to yet another, after four of the most difficult, most inspiring years of my life. I've since taken a couple of weeks tremendously over-needed break to recover from damn-near-debilitating levels of burn-out (As CCS is is want to cause, bless it) set up a makeshift animation studio space at home, rolled back into personal-project illustration, picked back up (slowly but steadily) on clean-up for Caravan, begun a number of contract negotiations for professional freelance work through my good friend Mike Winn and his firing-up, incredibly exciting studio project Alpha-Omega Animation, and have been, for the first time in FAR too long, able to spend much-needed time with my family, my wonderful boyfriend, and his family as well. CCS has come and gone, and I miss it and the slew of fantastic people it has brought into my life... but as with anything, life moves onward and upward, and I'm loving every minute as it rambles on.

Graduation and the Senior Show were both unforgettably stellar experiences, and I took more photos of the events then could be deemed even remotely necessary - I thought I would share a few of my favorites here for you all to see!

Another shot of my Senior Show exhibition set-up, as seen in a previous entry.

Chair of Entertainment Arts at CCS, Scott Bogoniewski, wonderfully talented classmate and filmmaker Derek Schultz who won the 3rd place 2010 Stratton Foundation scholarship, the tremendously generous and supportive Mr. Doug Stratton himself, Patrick Stannard who won the 2nd place scholarship, myself, the ever-inspiring Steve Stanchfield, and Mrs. Stratton, at the 2010 CCS SEO.

A photo Mr. Stratton was kind enough to email me, once again of Scott B, myself, himself, and the lovely Mrs. Stratton at the 2010 CCS SEO.

Doug Stratton, ever as generous, also purchased my favorite piece from my exhibition for his own collection. Above was another great photo he sent my way, standing with the purchased artwork, which is now hanging in his office. Thank you again, Doug!

Admittedly, graduation day from CCS was 24 of the proudest hours I've ever experienced in my life. "I did it!" was my theme of the day, and there wasn't a second that I wasn't boogieing about on Cloud 9. Such a wonderful experience!

Surprising to me, I ended up being the only person in my department to graduate with High Honors this school year.
Sweet.
Above is the rather nifty gold metal I was awarded for the achievement.

Just post-ceremony: My much-adored other half, Niles, myself, and my professor, Steve.



Led Zeppelin - Ramble On .mp3


Found at bee mp3 search engine


♥Mel

No comments: